Wednesday 27 August 2014

Faith Walking

Our walk as a Christian should be of faith, not sight. A walk of victory. Trust, not touch. Leaning long and hard, not running away. No one knows ahead of time what the Father's plan includes. It's best that way. It may be a treasured blessing; it could be a test that drops us to our knees. He knows ahead of time, but He is not obligated to warn us about it or to remind us it's on the horizon. We can be certain of this: our God knows what is best.

I'm certainly not under the impression that I'm going to be great because of some accomplishment I've achieved or harbor wrong attitudes. Greatness comes in the sweet-spirit attitudes of humility and forgiveness toward others.

It takes God to make the heart right. When I have a wrong attitude, I look at life humanly. When I have a right attitude, I look at life divinely. That's the nugget' of truth life represents. When I'm able, by faith, to see God's plan in my location, my attitude will be right. God sent me'. Not until we can relax and see God in our present location will we be useful to Him. A positive theological attitude will do wonders for our geographical latitude.

When I'm able, by faith, to sense God's hand in my situation, my attitude will be right. I don't begin the day gritting my teeth, asking, "Why do I have to stay in this situation?" Instead, I believe that He made me the way I am and put me where I am to do what He has planned for me to do.

When I'm able, by faith, to accept both location and situation as good, even when there's been evil in the process, my attitude will be right. When I can say, "but God meant it for good," then I become a trophy of grace.

The only way to find happiness in the grind of life is to do so by faith. A faith-filled life means all the difference in how we view everything around us. It affects our attitudes toward people, toward location, toward situation, toward circumstances, toward ourselves. Only then do our feet become swift to do what is right.

You say you want to be considered great and walk in a big way some day? Here's the secret: walk by faith, trusting God to renew your attitude.
3

No comments:

Post a Comment