Monday 3 March 2014

Faith


Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.


Hebrews (11:1)


Confidence, Assurance, Substance, and Title-deed – what kind of word is this that can be translated with such diverse meanings?  Look at the following, ‘hupostasis’ in English:

Hupostasis

Strong’s Concordance #5287 – ὑπόστασις “upostasi” hupostasis; gen. hupostaseos , fem. noun from huphstemi (n.f.), to place or set under. In general, that which underlies the apparent, hence, reality, essence, substance; that which is the basis of something, hence, assurance guarantee, confidence (with the ob. sense).


If I say I have faith, and in my heart soul and mind, I truly do believe in something or someone  unseen, then thats evidence of something I believe in thats unseen. The evidence is my belief.


You may never see God with your eyes right in front of you, so thats ,what evidence you could be thinking of.."physical proof".
In my heart and mind I have all the evidence I need which is faith in God.


Something special happens the moment faith is born in the heart.  In a certain momentary flash of God’s grace, an ownership of a hope is placed within the heart.  God places within us the ‘heart reality’ of our promised hope.


An ownership of sorts, conveyed prior to our ever seeing our new possession.  A new possession gained by a divine approval, and bestowed upon a cultivated hope.  The diligent underground cultivation of hope brings a visible harvest of faith, which when combined with prayer and patience, brings forth the manifested reality.  Hupostasis is the word chosen to describe the heart reality of hope’s promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment